Outcomes from 2016/17 targets:
- Pupil’s life skills and experiences are continuing to improve.
Through a 3 day residential trip and a variety of specific workshops
- Data shows Pupil Premium children have had more academic success in areas of reading, writing and maths.
Through targeted pupils receiving 1:1 support for reading, writing and maths they were able to make more academic progress.
Speech and Language Therapy sessions have also addressed
55% of pupils reached at least 2 of their 3 set targets.
83% of pupil premium pupils attended Park Primary for the full academic year.
SEN targets are set based on data from CASPA which takes account for specific needs that pupils may have. This means that the targets are achieveable yet challenging for each individual.
Pupils at Park Primary have a variety of barriers to learning and many external factors that can impact on their everyday lives.
Also, through specific and individualised interventions, we have been able to address areas of social and emotional development. This has included educational psychologist involvement with targeted individuals and groups and play therapy sessions for specific pupils.
The total amount received in 2017/18 is £59,402
The main objectives we are focusing on during this time are:-
- To increase the percentage of pupils reaching SEMH target over a 12 month period progress to be monitored by the SLT
- To enhance the creative curriculum by offering enhancement through trips, visitors and a residential trip focusing on developing pupils in all areas (social, emotional, behavioural and academic)
- To improve social and emotional attributes of pupils through specific teaching and therapy sessions.